This fast and fresh salad is a snap to make and a perfect side for your favorite Asian dish. Serve it with Hoisin-Glazed Salmon, Asian-Glazed Drumsticks, or the fantastic Sesame-Crusted Ahi pictured here – I’ll share the recipe later this week.
Although delicious as soon as it’s made, I love it even more after the flavors have had some time to mingle. Because of that, this is a great make-ahead salad – just leave it in the fridge until you’re ready to serve.
- 4 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper
- 1-1/4 pound Persian Cucumbers, thinly sliced
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced on the diagonal
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- sesame seeds, for garnish, optional
Combine all ingredients in a medium bowl and toss to combine. If possible, let sit, refrigerated, about 30 minutes to allow flavors to combine.
Total Fat 3.5g
Trans Fat 0.0g
Total Carbohydrates 2.5g
Dietary Fiber 0.9g
Weight Watchers Points: 1