This 20-minute Arroz con Pollo is the solution to a long day where you still want to serve the family a homemade, wholesome, and delicious dinner but don’t have the energy for much fuss or cleanup. All the traditional flavors are there – I just make a few preparation shortcuts to combat the temptation of the takeout menu drawer.
This one-pot recipe is packed with explosive flavor. It also makes great leftovers the next day.
I’ve partnered with Success® Rice to help showcase their varieties including Success Whole Grain Brown Rice and Success White Rice, and globally-inspired aromatic varieties, including fragrant Thai Jasmine or Basmati Rice. Conveniently packaged in pre-measured colander-style bags, they’re gluten-free, non-GMO and versatile. Additionally, they contain no additives or preservatives. Success Rice is the ORIGINAL no measure, no mess boil-in-bag rice that cooks perfectly every time and is ready in 10 minutes. It’s is convenient, and can be made on the stove or in the microwave without sacrificing its great taste or quality. It’s a great pantry staple, which can be used to make a variety of meals – breakfast, lunch or dinner.
Although we’re not making use of the boil-in-bag option for this recipe, we are taking advantage of the 10-minute cook time that will take this meal from pantry to table in under 20 minutes.
Just as good for me is that I usually have every ingredient on hand – rice, roasted peppers, broth, sazon, and olives in the cupboard and chicken, homemade sofrito, and peas in the freezer. No shopping required.
I used white rice here but you could also use brown rice to incorporate whole grains without increasing the cook time. Check the ingredients on your sazon to ensure it doesn’t contain MSG. Or make your own by combining equal parts ground cumin, coriander, annatto seeds, garlic powder, oregano and salt.
What’s your favorite fast and easy one-pot meal? Tell me in the comments for a chance to win a $100 Visa gift card from Success® Rice. Success is in the Bag.® For hundreds of recipe ideas, special offers and more, join the Riceipe Club®!
No duplicate comments. You may receive (2) total entries by selecting from the following entry methods:
- Leave a comment in response to the sweepstakes prompt on this post
- Tweet (public message) about this promotion; including exactly the following unique term in your tweet message: “#Sweeps” and “#SweepstakesEntry”; and leave the URL to that tweet in a comment on this post
- Blog about this promotion, including a disclosure that you are receiving a sweepstakes entry in exchange for writing the blog post, and leave the URL to that post in a comment on this post
- For those with no Twitter or blog, read the official rules to learn about an alternate form of entry.
This giveaway is open to US Residents age 18 or older (or nineteen (19) years of age or older in Alabama and Nebraska). Winners will be selected via random draw, and will be notified by e-mail. The notification email will come directly from BlogHer via the sweeps@blogher email address. You will have 2 business days to respond; otherwise a new winner will be selected.
The Official Rules are available at here.
This sweepstakes runs from 7/19/16 – 9/30/16. Be sure to visit the brand page on BlogHer.com where you can read other bloggers’ posts!
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 2 lb boneless, skinless chicken thighs, cut into 1-1/2" cubes
- 2 tsp sazon, divided
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 bags Success® Rice, white or brown
- 1 c sofrito (homemade or store-bought)
- 1-1/2 c reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 c pimento-stuffed green olives, coarsely chopped
- 2 roasted red peppers, sliced into strips
- 1 c frozen peas
Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
Toss chicken breasts with 1 tsp sazon and add to skillet. Season with salt and pepper and cook, stirring, until brown, about 5 minutes.
Add rice, sofrito, broth and remaining 1 tsp sazon. Bring to a simmer. Cook until rice is just tender and chicken cooked through, about 10 minutes.
Stir in olives, peppers, and peas. Cook 1-2 minutes until peas are warmed through.
Disclosure: I received compensation for this post from Success® Rice but the opinions expressed are my own.