OK, this isn’t so much a recipe as inspiration for a really delicious salad.
Summer officially starts today and what better way to celebrate than with bowl of fresh tomatoes with just a whisper of basil, balsamic, and seasoning to enhance their flavor? This salad tastes like sunshine.
The gorgeous colors of this dish make it one of my favorite sides to bring to BBQs and summer potlucks. Mini heirlooms are easy to find at Trader Joe’s this time of year but first choice should be whatever’s growing in your garden.
The simplicity of this recipe means it will fit virtually any way of eating: whole30, paleo, gluten-free, vegetarian, vegan – you name it. Here’s to starting summer off right!
Other summer produce recipes:
- Summer Vegetable Ratatouille
- Homemade Ricotta and Summer Squash Crostini
- Summer Orzo with Roasted Tomatoes
- 1 lb mini heirloom tomatoes
- 1/4 c fresh basil, finely chopped
- 1 tbs extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp balsamic vinegar
- salt and freshly cracked black pepper, to taste
Slice tomatoes in half and toss with basil, olive oil, balsamic vinegar, salt and freshly ground black pepper.
Total Fat 4g
Saturated Fat 1g
Monounsaturated Fat 3g
Polyunsaturated Fat 0g
Trans Fat 0g
Total Carbohydrate 4g
Dietary Fiber 1g